Microsoft licensing only continues to become more complex, with the addition of numerous subscription-based cloud services, a growing array of Volume Licensing Programs such as the Server and Cloud Enrollment (SCE), and Microsoft Products and Services Agreements (MPSA). There is an ever-changing landscape of Large Account Resellers (LARs), Microsoft Partners, and Value Added Resellers (VARs) that all receive various commissions and incentives from Microsoft. Getting impartial advice and education on these latest updates requires a team of instructors who are directly experienced in Microsoft licensing and negotiations and who reference the Microsoft Product Terms on a daily basis when consulting with clients.
Our Microsoft Enterprise Licensing Workshops are three-day intensive training’s that have evolved over the past 15 years. They are held at convenient locations around the world, ensuring that there is always an opportunity to attend a workshop in a city near you.
Appropriate attendee roles include:
- IT decision makers – Architect compliant solutions and will learn to accurately budget for the technology choices you make. Your IT roadmap is a critical input for licensing decisions.
- Business leaders – Learn to work more effectively with your procurement and technology teams by understanding the capabilities that Microsoft licensing enables and how they can help you achieve your business objectives.
- Procurement and finance professionals – Reduce friction in procurement by understanding the concepts and vocabulary of Microsoft licensing. You will learn how to choose the optimal purchasing program and complement your IT team by delivering the right products, at the right price, for their solutions.
- Asset managers – Develop the tools to understand the many types of Microsoft licenses, the rights they confer, how they can be tracked, and special exceptions or entitlements that can slip through gaps in asset management processes.
- Legal staff – Learn the verbiage of Microsoft licensing, volume programs, and the legal concepts and documents
- Solution Partner – Acquire the knowledge to properly guide your customers to licensing solutions that fit seamlessly with their IT goals, budgets, and objectives.
Our instructors will teach you the licensing models, purchase programs, usage rights, and negotiation strategies that will more than justify the registration fees. Led by Paul DeGroot, a published author and recognized worldwide expert in Microsoft licensing, these workshops provide an understanding of licensing basics all the way to advanced topics, including insightful money-saving tips on how to apply the knowledge to your bottom-line. Feedback from past attendees that have applied this knowledge regularly confirm a 30X return on their workshop fees in realized savings on Microsoft Agreements.